Created by: https://makewebbetter.com
2.1 AUTOMATIC INSTALLATION:
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser.
Steps are as follows:
- To do an automatic install log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Appearance->Themes menu and click Add New.
- Click on the “Browse” button and navigate to the downloaded “chic.zip” file and click Install Now.
- After successful Installation of the theme, Click Activate.
2.2 MANUAL INSTALLATION:
Manual installation of Theme is another option to install Theme to your WordPress-environment. The manual installation method involves downloading our WordPress Theme and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application.
Steps are as follows:
1. Extract the downloaded “chic.zip” file.
2. Upload the chic.zip folder to the /wp-content/themes/ directory.
- Create the page for Front Page, Navigate to Pages->Add New->Page Attributes->Select the Home page to set
Default Template: Here the default template section you can set the page as default.
Blog List: Here you can set your page as blog list.
Full Page without Sidebar: Here you can give the full length of your page without sidebar.
Home Page: Here you can set your page as the home page.
Left Sidebar: Here set your page as the Left Sidebar.
Right Sidebar: Here set your page as the Right Sidebar.
- Navigate to Settings->Reading->Front Page Displays
Chic supports 4 WordPress native post formats.
To create a new post, You can navigate to Posts -> Add New.
Post featured images
set the post featured image for all post.
Set featured images
To add featured images for posts, Please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Post -> Add New.
- At the right of the screen, click on “set featured image” to set featured image.
Set Post Formate
To create a post, follow these steps below:
- Navigate to Post -> Add New.
- Select a post format at the format box (the right of the screen)
- Input the URL or you can upload your audio, video, gallery and so on from adding media.
1) Slider Post(Display Post on Home Page)
Add Post for Slider: Here you can add your Post as the front page slider.
Inverted Slider: For this option, you can set your content on the image.
2) Exclusive Posts(Display Post on Home Page)
Add Post for exclusive: Here you can select your post as exclusive Post.
3) Featured Posts(Display Post on Home Page)
Add Post for Featured: Here you can set your post as featured.
- Enable Sidebar: You can enable/disable sidebar globally form the front page.
- Sidebar Options: You can choose the sidebar as left or right.
- Global Page Comments: You can set the global page comment.
- Back to Bottom: We provide back to the bottom button, you can enable/disable this button.
- Floating Search Button: You can enable/disable the floating search button globally.
- Blog Post:
Metadata on Blog Posts: Here you can enable/ disable the access of Blog posts.
Metadata Options: You can select/reject the option of metadata option like date, author, comments, and category.
Ajax Load More: Here you can enable/disable the more loading of the blogs.
- Blog Detail Post:
Metadata on Blog Detail: You can enable/ disable the access of Blog posts detail.
Metadata Options on Blog Detail: You can select/reject the option of metadata on blogs detail like date, author, tags, and category.
Sidebar on Blog Detail: You can also enable/disable sidebar of the blogs.
8.Site Identity Setting
Set the basic identity of the theme here like.
- Site Title Text: Here you can easily set the site title text.
- Site Tag Line: You can also change the tagline of the theme simply.
- Site Title: You can give the site title here and also change the physical property of title like font family, font size, font height, color.
- Fixed Navigation Site Title: Here you can set the Navigation site title here and also change the color, size, font, and font family of the text.
- Site Logo: you can upload site logo here.
- Site Favicon: you can upload the Favicon here. It is displayed on the website URL.
- Banner Image: you can easily upload the banner image of the theme.
- Body: you can custom font for the body content here you can choose the font family, font size, Line height, Text Align.
- Headings: for the heading, you can choose the Font Family, Font Weight, Font Style, Text Align, Font size.
10.Front Page Setting
You can change the front page sections and its design here like.
Fashion Quotes Section: You can enable/disable this section, give the main heading, subheading, content of the Quotes and link to read more.
About Us Section: You can enable/disable this section, give the main heading, subheading, images of the about us and give the link to read more.
Advertisement Banner: You can enable/disable this section, give images and link to the advertisement Banner.
Gallery Section: You can enable/disable this section, give the heading and subheading to the Gallery Section.
Article Section: You can enable/disable this section, give heading and subheading of the Article Section.
Our Partner Section: You can enable/disable this section and add the new brand logo for partner Section by click on the Add/Edit Gallery button.
InstaFeed Section: You can enable/disable this section and add headings and upload images for the InstaFeed.
Contact Us Section: You can enable/disable this section, add the headings and give the shortcode for Contact7.
Newsletter Section: You can enable/disable this section, add the headings and subheading for the newsletter.
Here you can set the background image or background color of the theme and also give the primary and secondary text color.
12.Google Map Setting
1. Enter API Key: Enter the API key for the map.
2. Enter Longitude: Enter the longitude of the location for the map.
3. Enter Latitude: Enter the latitude of the location for the map.
14.404 Page Setting
You can upload the image for 404 page.
To add a widget, you need to navigate to Your Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets. The below is the list of the widget areas available in Chic theme:
i) About Me Widget: This widget is used to display About the User, the widget includes About image and About description.
ii) Most Popular Post: This widget is used to display the most popular post.
iii) Recent Post: This widget is used to display the most recent post.
2) Newsletter Widget: This sidebar is used to display Newsletter widget in the footer in Homepage.
3) First Footer Widget Area: This widget display in the footer like a first column of the footer named Information.
4) Second Footer Widget Area: This widget display in the footer like a second column of the footer named Services.
5) Third Footer Widget Area: This widget display in the footer like a third column of the footer named Company.
6) Fourth Footer Widget Area: This widget display in the footer like a fourth column of the footer named About me.
These footer widgets(First Footer Widget Area, Second Footer Widget Area, Second Footer Widget Area, Fourth Footer Widget Area) arrange in the sequence.
Here you can write your own CSS for the theme.
Here you can write your own JS for the theme.