Dine Restaurant & Food Theme
Created by: https://makewebbetter.com
2.1 AUTOMATIC INSTALLATION:
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser.
Steps are as follows:
- To do an automatic install log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Appearance->Themes menu and click Add New.
After Installation , Click Activate.
2.2 MANUAL INSTALLATION:
Manual installation of Extension is another option to install Extension to your WordPress-environment. The manual installation method involves downloading our WordPress Extension and uploading it to your webserver via your favorite FTP application.
Steps are as follows:
1. Extract the downloaded “dine.zip” file.
2. Upload the dine.zip folder to the /wp-content/themes/ directory.
2.3 INSTALLING DUMMY CONTENT:
Install the dummy content provided with the theme
Steps are as follows:
- To do an automatic install , navigate to the Tools->Import->Run Importer
- Browse the xml file “dine.xml”
3.1 SETTING THE HOME PAGE:
Set the Home Page for the theme:
- Create the page for Front Page, Navigate to Pages->Add new->Page Attributes->Select the Home page to set from dropdown
- Navigate to Settings->Reading->Front Page Displays
How to Create a New Post?
Dine supports 8 WordPress native post formats.
- Default post format with featured image
- Video post format
- Audio Post format
- Post format
- Image post format
- Quote post format
- Link post format
- Status post format
To create a new post, You can navigate to Posts -> Add New.
Post featured images
Dine theme requests featured images for all posts. It is used by all blocks and layouts to display your content.
Set featured images
To add featured images for posts, Please follow steps below:
- Navigate to Post -> Add New.
- At the right of the screen, click on “set featured image” to set featured image.
How to Create a Post format?
Dine supports all post format. It is perfect if you have a video,audio,link,quote,status and you want to show it in your post.
To create a post, follow steps below:
- Navigate to Post -> Add New.
- Select a post fromat at the format box (the right of the screen)
- Input the URL or you can upload your audio,video,gallery and so on from add media.
Theme Options is the main feature of Dine. All options required to control the theme are located in Dine Options.
Via Options Panel: Navigate to Your Dashboard -> Dine Setting
5. SITE IDENTITY SETTING:
Set the basic site identity settings from here.
1. Site Title Text: If you want to add the title of the theme then I think this is a great way to go.
2. Site Tag Line: Here you can add the site Tag Line of the theme.
3. Site Logo: If you want a Site Logo then upload it here.
4. Select Site Favicon: In this section you can add a favicon image of the theme.
5. Select Site Header Image: In this section you can add a Header image of the theme.
6. Select Site Header Video(For Home Page): In this section you can add a video which you want to show in header for Home page.
7. Banner Text: In this section you can Text you want to show over banner.
Set the basic Layout for the theme
1. Layout Wrapper: Select the wrapper for the Theme For Box Layout or Full Width
2. Theme Layout Option: There are 3 Blog Layouts available in this theme
4. Theme Sidebar Options: Select Sidebar Position for the theme to be displayed throughout the theme
7.1 FRONT PAGE SETTING:
Create a Front Page by Selecting the following options
1. Select About us Section Image: Select the image to be shown in about section of home page.
2. About Us Text Editor: Write the text to be shown in about section in homepage.
3. Category For Menu: Select the category for menu to be shown in menu section in home page.
4. Select Gallery For Portfolio: Select the image to be shown in Portfolio section of home page.
5. Front footer Text Editor: Write the html for the footer in home page.
6. Reserve Form Shortcode: Write the shortcode of reservation form created by using contact form 7 plugin.
7.2 GOOGLE MAP SETTING:
1. Enter API Key: Enter the API key for map.
2. Enter Longitude: Enter the longitude of the location for map.
3. Enter Latitude: Enter the latitude of the location for map.
Set Color for theme from this setting:
1. Theme Background: Set background color,image for theme.
2.Theme Main Color: Here you can set main color for theme.
3. Theme Text Color: Here you can set Text color for theme.
Here you can set the Typography Settings like font-size,font-family and font-weight.
1. Site Title & Header Text Font: Set Site Title and Header Text Font for the Theme.
2. Heading: Set Heading Text Font for Theme.
3. Tagline(Front Page):
Set the Font for tagline in front page below every heading
4. Site Content Font : In this section you can set Font for Navigation and Footer.
Here you can write your own css for the theme.
12.404 PAGE SETTING
Set the image for 404 page.
15.1 ADD WIDGETS TO SIDEBAR:
To add a widget, you need to navigate to Your Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets. The below is the list of the widget areas available in Dine theme:
1) Sidebar: This is default sidebar in website. You can use the widgets in this area if you want them to show in posts,pages
2) Woocommerce Sidebar: This is the sidebar in your website used to show widgets in Woocommerce Pages.
3) Footer Sidebar: This is the sidebar used to display widgets in footer area above the copyright section.
4) Newsletter Widget: This sidebar is used to display Newsletter widget in footer in Home page.
15.2 DINE CUSTOM WIDGETS:
Dine provides some custom widgets which you can assign to widget areas. The following is the list of custom widgets:
1) About Me Widget: This widget is used to display About the User, the widget includes About image and About description.
2) Add Widget: This widget is used to display Advertisement in the theme.
3) Categories Widget: This widget is used to show categories in the widget along with their post count. You can place this widget in sidebar and footer as well.
4) Contact Info Widget: This widget is used to show Contact Information like contact no.,Email and so on.
5) Featured Post Widget: This widget is used to display featured post in theme.
6) Popular Post Widget: This widget is used to show Popular post in theme.
7) Recent Post Widget: This widget is used to display Recent Post in the theme.
8) Social Icons: This widget is used to display Social Icons in the theme.
Translate theme Using Poedit (.POT file)
Poedit is easy to use open source program available for Mac OS X, Windows and UNIX/Linux.
Open Poedit and go to File > New catalog from POT file and select the POT in Dine > languages folder.
1) A catalog properties box will pop up asking for information about what you are translating. Enter the language you want to translate here.
2)After you hit “OK,” you’ll be asked what you want to name your translation file. The name is important and there’s a particular format you will need to follow. For example, if you’re translating Español, the file should be name es_ES.po
3)Save your file in the languages folder of the theme.
4)When you’ve finishing translating, simply save your file. Poedit will automatically create both .po and .mo files in the theme’s languages folder.
5)Now that the theme has been translated, you can upload it to your WordPress install either using FTP or by logging into your WordPress site and uploading your theme by going to Appearance > Themes > Install Themes .