2.1 AUTOMATIC INSTALLATION:
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser.
Steps are as follows:
- To do an automatic install log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Appearance->Themes menu and click Add New.
After Installation, Click Activate.
2.2 MANUAL INSTALLATION:
Manual installation of Extension is another option to install Extension to your WordPress-environment. The manual installation method involves downloading our WordPress Extension and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application.
Steps are as follows:
1. Extract the downloaded “ezzy.zip” file.
2. Upload the ezzy.zip folder to the /wp-content/themes/ directory.
2.3 INSTALLING DUMMY CONTENT:
Install the dummy content provided with the theme
Steps are as follows:
- To do an automatic install, navigate to the Tools->Import->Run Importer
- Browse the XML file “ezzy.xml”
How to Create a New Post?
Ezzy supports 4 WordPress native post formats.
- Default post format with featured image
- Video post format
- Audio Post format
- Post format
To create a new post, You can navigate to Posts -> Add New.
Post featured images
Ezzy theme requests featured images for all posts. It is used by all blocks and layouts to display your content.
Set featured images
To add featured images for posts, Please follow steps below:
- Navigate to Post -> Add New.
- At the right of the screen, click on “set featured image” to set featured image.
How to Create a Video Post?
Ezzy supports video post format. It is perfect if you have a video and you want to replace the featured image and show it in your post.
To create a video post, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Post -> Add New.
- Select “video” at the format box (the right of the screen), the Video Options will appear at the top of the page.
- Input the video URL or you can upload your video.
Similarly add the other post formats like audio, images.
Set a Post as Featured Post
You can set a particular post as Featured Post, Navigate to Posts -> Add New at the bottom of the page check the box.
Theme Options is the main feature of Ezzy. All options required to control the theme are located in Ezzy Options.
Via Options Panel: Navigate to Your Dashboard -> Ezzy Setting
5.1 SITE IDENTITY SETTING:
Set the basic site identity settings from here.
1. Site Title Text: If you want to add the title of the theme then I think this is a great way to go.
2. Site Tag Line: Here you can add the site Tag Line of the theme.
3. Site Logo: If you want a Site Logo then upload it here.
4. Select Site Favicon: In this section, you can add a favicon image of the theme.
5. Select Site Header Image: In this section, you can add a Header image of the theme.
Set the basic Layout for the theme
1. Layout Wrapper: Select the wrapper for the Theme For Box Layout or Full Width
2. Layout Slider: Select the Slider to be displayed on the top of the page
3. Theme Layout Option: There are 3 Blog Layouts available in this theme
4. Theme Sidebar Options: Select Sidebar Position for the theme to be displayed throughout the theme
7.1 FRONT PAGE SETTING:
Create a Front Page by Selecting the Category for Home Page From the Following Options
There are 4 Homepages in the theme (including Default Home Page)
- Category for Top Post Listing (For Default page): Select category For the Post Listing to be displayed in the Default page and the Top Post will be displayed on the page as –
- Category for Horizontal Slider (For Default page): Select category For the Slider to be displayed in the Default page and the Slider will be displayed on the page as –
- Category for Slider (For Home1 and Home4): Select category For the Slider to be displayed in Home1 and Home4 and the Slider will be displayed on the page as –
Home1 page Slider:
Home4 page Slider:
- Category for Tab (For Home1 Home4 and Default page): Select category For the Tab Categorywise Post Listing to be displayed in Homepages as –
- Category for Posts Listing (For Home4): Select category For the Post Listing to be displayed in Home4 as –
- Category for Tab Post (For Home2): Select category For the Tab Post Listing to be displayed in Home2 as –
- Category for Slider in Post (For Home2): Select category For the Slider in Post Listing to be displayed in Home2 as –
- Category for Ajax Listing(Home2): Select category For Ajax Post Listing to be displayed in Home2 as –
- Category for Default Page (Default Page): Select category For Post Listing to be displayed in Default Page as –
7.2 FRONT PAGE HEADING:
Set Headings on the front page from this setting
These headings will be shown on the page like:
Set Color for theme from this setting:
1. Theme Background: Set background color,image for theme.
2.Theme Main Color: Here you can set main color for theme.
3. Theme Text Color: Here you can set Text color for theme.
4. Header,Footer and Button Text Color: In this section you can set Text Color for Header,Footer and Buttons in the theme.
Set Color for Category: Set the color for each category from customizer
Navigate to Appearance->Customize->Category Background Color
Here you can set the Typography Settings like font-size,font-family, and font-weight.
1. Site Title Font: Set Site Title Font for the Theme.
2.Post Title Font: Set Site Post Title Font for the Theme.
3. Post Content Font: Here you can Font for Post content.
4. Navigation and Footer Font: In this section, you can set Font for Navigation and Footer.
15.1 ADD WIDGETS TO SIDEBAR:
To add a widget, you need to navigate to Your Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets. The below is the list of the widget areas available in Ezzy theme:
1) Sidebar: This is default sidebar in the website. You can use the widgets in this area if you want them to show in posts, pages.
2) Homepage Sidebar: This is the sidebar in your website used to show widgets in Homepages.
3) Woocommerce Sidebar: This is the sidebar in your website used to show widgets in Woocommerce Pages.
4) Footer Sidebar: This is the sidebar used to display widgets in footer area above the copyright section.
5) Header Advertisement Banner: This sidebar is used to display Advertisement widget in header aligned to site title.
6) Advertisement Sidebar: This widget area displays Advertisement in the theme.
7) Leaderboard Banner: This widget area is used to display Leaderboard Banners in the theme.
15.2 EZZY CUSTOM WIDGETS:
Ezzy provides some custom widgets which you can assign to widget areas. The following is the list of custom widgets:
1) About Me Widget: This widget is used to display About the User, the widget includes About image and About description.
2) Add Widget: This widget is used to display Advertisement in the theme.
3) Categories Widget: This widget is used to show categories in the widget along with their post count. You can place this widget in sidebar and footer as well.
4) Contact Info Widget: This widget is used to show Contact Information like contact no, Email and so on.
5) Featured Post Widget: This widget is used to display featured post in theme.
6) Popular Post Widget: This widget is used to show Popular post in theme.
7) Recent Post Widget: This widget is used to display Recent Post in the theme.
8) Social Icons: This widget is used to display Social Icons in the theme.
How to Add a Header Ad?
Ezzy Theme provides the facility of adding Advertisement through widgets, Navigate to Appearance->Widgets->Header Advertisement Banner(only for the header with advertisement banner), drag the Add widget, in the Image Link give the path of an image with Dimension 800 x 100.
How to Add an Ad in Sidebar?
To add an Advertisement to sidebar Navigate to Appearance->Widgets->Advertisement Sidebar(only for Homepages), drag the Add widget, in the Image Link give the path of the image with Dimension 400 x 700.
How to Add a LeaderBoard Banner?
To add an Advertisement to sidebar Navigate to Appearance->Widgets->LeaderBoard Banner(only for Homepage2 and Default page), drag the Add widget, in the Image Link give the path of an image
Translate theme Using Poedit (.POT file)
Poedit is easy to use open source program available for Mac OS X, Windows and UNIX/Linux.
Open Poedit and go to File > New catalog from POT file and select the POT in Ezzy > languages folder.
1) A catalog properties box will pop up asking for information about what you are translating. Enter the language you want to translate here.
2)After you hit “OK,” you’ll be asked what you want to name your translation file. The name is important and there’s a particular format you will need to follow. For example, if you’re translating Español, the file should be name es_ES.po
3)Save your file in the languages folder of the theme.
4)When you’ve finishing translating, simply save your file. Poedit will automatically create both .po and .mo files in the theme’s languages folder.
5)Now that the theme has been translated, you can upload it to your WordPress install either using FTP or by logging into your WordPress site and uploading your theme by going to Appearance > Themes > Install Themes .