- Complete User Membership History and WooCommerce Membership Details of Customers
- WooCommerce Membership User Data Export and Import
- Perfectly Neat Shortcodes For Your WooCommerce Membership Plan Page Customization
- Discount on WooCommerce Membership User Cart Total
- WooCommerce Membership Details and Plan Creation
- Offer membership categories to users
- Customize plan page using shortcodes
- Error Logging for handling WooCommerce membership errors
- Select limited or lifetime accessibility to WooCommerce members
Subsequently, there are two ways of installing the plugin:
These are the steps for automatic installation of Membership for WooCommerce:
- Open the dashboard of your WordPress website. From the admin panel, navigate to the sidebar.
- Go to Plugins > Menu > Add New
- On this ‘add plugins’ page, go to the search bar and browse ‘ Membership for WooCommerce’
- Find the plugin, Membership for WooCommerce by MakeWebBetter, and click Install Now.
You can easily download the Membership for WooCommerce plugin from WordPress.org or MakeWebBetter website. Thereafter you can follow these steps for manually installing the Membership for WooCommerce plugin:
- Upload the Membership for WooCommerce folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
3.Admin Panel Setting Details
The Admin panel will have the Memberships Menu. In this submenu you can find the following options:
1. All Membership Plans
This is the space where you can:
- Create new plans for your membership customers
- Edit existing membership plans
- Find all the plans that you have ever created
For example, if your store deals with clothes and accessories, you can create a plan to offer discounts on accessories. This way the type of discount will be given only if the customer has purchased a specific plan.
2. All Members
This space is for the admin where he can find complete user details like:
- Membership ID
- Membership Status
- Expiry date
You can also:
- Import members details
- Export members details
- Add new members
3. Global Settings
This is the space for the admin to customize his details for users. Admin can fill in the required field like:
- The invoicing details
- The email subject and content
- Delete data on uninstall
Admin can customize the membership plan page and notifications through the shortcodes that are provided in this space. These shortcodes are in action for:
- Membership Action Shortcodes
- Membership Plans Shortcodes
You will find detailed explanations about each of them further in the documentation.
5. Supported Gateways
Admin can set up membership-supported gateways in this section. Admin is provided with two options:
- Membership Advance Bank Transfer
- Membership PayPal Smart Button
6. Membership Overview
If the admin wants an overview of the features of the Memberships for WooCommerce plugin, he can go through this space. It is for the understanding of the admin. It has the general outlines of:
- Freemium benefits of Memberships for WooCommerce Plugin
- Premium features of the Memberships for WooCommerce Pro Plugin
4.How to create/add WooCommerce Membership Plans?
- Go to Admin Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins > Memberships > Add Membership Plans.
When you begin creating your WooCommerce membership plans, you will have to fill in the following details:
- Title: Mention the name of your plan here. For example, the Gold plan, Silver plan, Bronze plan, etc. Below this, you can describe your plan and also add media, just like you do on your regular WordPress website.
- Under Create Plan heading you will find a series of important assignments:
- Membership Plan Amount: It is the amount at which the admin wants to sell his memberships.
2. Access Type: Here admin can set the type of access he wants to grant to his users. You can select from two options, i.e. Lifetime and Limited. For limited access type admin can select days, weeks, months, or years.
- Under the Offer Section, space you will find the following fields:
- Offered Products: All the range of products you want to make available for the membership users can be listed out here by the admin.
- Offered Categories: These are the categories of products that the admin wants to make available for the membership users. These categories will only be visible to the WooCommerce members.
- Accessibility Type: This is a pro feature of the Membership for WooCommerce plugin that will allow the admin to set restrictions on the accessibility of the membership to its users. Admin can set it as ‘Immediately’ or ‘ Specify’. The admin can specify when he wants to give the memberships access to the user.
- Under the Memberships Features Section, you can edit these settings:
- Discount: Admin can specify the discount type that he wants to apply for membership users. Admin can set it to a fixed price or discount percentage.
- Allow Free Shipping: Admin can switch this to allow free shipping to the WooCommerce members.
- After filling in the entire set of fields, the admin can publish the page. Just as you publish a blog or your product page.
You can create and name as many plans according to your needs. We have also created 4 plans in this example. You can refer to the screenshot below.
5.How to edit membership plans with Membership for WooCommerce Plugin?
For editing any of the membership plans that the admin has already created,
- Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins > Memberships > All Membership Plans.
- Now the admin can select the plan he wants to edit > Make the desired changes in the plans > Update the page.
6.How to export/import membership plans with Membership for WooCommerce Plugin?
For exporting membership plans,
- Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins > Memberships > All Membership Plans
- Navigate and click ‘export plans’. This will export all your available membership plans into a simple CSV file that the admin can find in his downloads section.
For importing membership plans,
- Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins > Memberships > All Membership Plans
- Navigate and click ‘ import plans’. Then admin can choose the file that has all membership details from his system. Upload the file and all your membership plans will be imported with details.
Please Note: Admin can import the WooCommerce membership plans and successfully apply this import if the CSV file products are available in the store. Otherwise, it will fail.
7.How to add members to the memberships plan?
For adding new users to the membership plans,
- Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins > Memberships > All Members.
- Navigate and select ‘add member’.
- Then the ‘Add New Member’ section will open up.
- Admin can fill in the required fields and the users will be added to the membership plans.
- Under Billing Details, the admin will find:
- General Details: The details of the customer like his profile, and whether the customer already has other membership plans. Admin can edit both.
- Billing: Here admin has to fill in the customer details.
- Under Membership Details, the admin can select what plan they want to assign to the customer.
- You will find a Member Action box on the right panel. Here the admin can set:
- Status: Admin can select from the three options, i.e. Pending, On-Hold, and Completed.
- Actions: This is for sending email invoices to customers through admin.
- Update the changes and members will be added along with the settings.
- Schedule Recurring Payment with the Membership For WooCommerce Premium Plugin. Admin can schedule the next payment along with the start and end dates.
9.How to edit global settings in Membership for WooCommerce Plugin?
For editing global settings in the Membership for WooCommerce plugin,
- Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins > Memberships > Global Settings
- Admin can set the following details:
- Enable Membership Plans: Admin can enable/disable Membership for WooCommerce plugin functionality on the front end. The users won’t see it if you disable it.
- Delete data on uninstall: If enabled, this will automatically delete all the member details and membership data after uninstalling the plugin.
- Show history to the user: Admin can enable the visibility of the user history. This way, the user can visit and see their plan history in the membership tab on ‘My Account Page’.
- Email Subject: Here admin can add the desired subject of the email.
5. Email Content: Admin can also write email content in a section below the email subject field, along with the regular customizations like adding links and visuals.
6. Attach Invoice to Email: If enabled by the admin, the invoice of the order shall be sent to the user via email.
7. Invoice Company Address: Admin can add a new address to the invoice. This new address will be added along with the admin’s default address.
8. Invoice Company phone number: Admin can add a new phone number else the default phone number will be added to the invoice.
9. Invoice Company Email: If needed the admin can add a new email else the default email will be added to the invoice.
10. Invoice Company Logo: Admin can also upload his logo in the invoice through this option. Just select and upload the logo file and it will be attached to the invoice.
- After completing the required and desired fields, the admin can click on the ‘Save Changes’ button. This will apply the changes for every email. Admin can edit it according to his needs.
Admin has a variety of shortcodes that can be pasted on the product page and customized according to their requirements.
Membership Action Shortcodes
- Buy Now: This shortcode only returns the buy now button. Use it as [mwb_membership_yes].
- No Thanks: This shortcode only returns the no thanks button. Use it as [mwb_membership_no].
Membership Plan Shortcodes
- Membership Plan Title: This shortcode returns the title of the membership plan. Use it as [mwb_membership_title plan_id=your plan ID]
- Membership Plan Price: This shortcode returns the price of the Membership Plan. Use it as [mwb_membership_price plan_id=your plan ID]
- Membership Plan Desc: This shortcode returns the description of the Membership Plan. Use it as [mwb_membership_desc plan_id=your plan ID]
11.How to set up membership-supported gateways in the Membership for WooCommerce Plugin?
For setting up the membership-supported gateways in the Membership for Woocommerce plugin:
- Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins > Memberships > Supported Gateways.
- A section will open up with 2 options to manage from Membership advance bank transfer and Membership PayPal smart buttons.
- Select the option, ‘Setup Membership Supported Gateways’. Go to ‘Manage’ and fill in the details.
- Advance Direct Bank Transfer
2. PayPal Checkout
- Fill in the sandbox details.
- Click on ‘Save Changes’, and the payment gateway settings will be updated.
So, now you know how to work with the swift and easy Membership for WooCommerce Plugin. If you have any further query, feel free to contact our support.
Yes, Membership for WooCommerce plugin is compatible with all popular themes that follow WooCommerce standards.
Yes, you can have both membership types in the premium version of the Membership for WooCommerce Plugin.
We have an option to set the membership lifetime, you can set either of two.
Yes, Membership for WooCommerce has the shortcode to display Membership plan, price and description.
Membership Plan Title → [mwb_membership_title]
Membership Plan Price → [mwb_membership_price]
Membership Plan Desc → [mwb_membership_desc]
You can first test for the common reasons and try to:
- Check for theme conflict. Test the plugin with the default WooCommerce theme.
- Check for plugin conflicts by deactivating plugins one by one to make sure which plugin is causing the error.
- Read this for WooCommerce issues.
- If the problem still prevails, reach out to our support and give detailed information about your issue. We will contact you personally.