- Include product categories in membership plans
- Discount on Members Cart Total (Percentage or Fixed)
- Select limited or lifetime accessibility to WooCommerceMembers
- WooCommerce Membership Details and Plan Creation
- View User Membership History and WooCommerce Membership Details of Customers
- Export and Import Membership Plans
- Export Members details
- Perfectly Neat Shortcodes For Single Product Page Customization
- Error Logging for handling WooCommerce membership errors
Subsequently, there are two ways of installing the plugin:
Automatic Installation –
These are the steps for automatic installation of Membership for WooCommerce:
- Open the dashboard of your WordPress website. From the admin panel, navigate to the sidebar.
- Go to Plugins > Menu > Add New
- On this ‘add plugins’ page, go to the search bar and browse ‘ Membership for WooCommerce’
- Find the plugin, Membership for WooCommerce by MakeWebBetter, and click Install Now.
Manual Installation –
You can easily download the Membership for WooCommerce plugin from WordPress.org or MakeWebBetter website. Thereafter you can follow these steps for manually installing the Membership for WooCommerce plugin:
- Upload the Memberships for WooCommerce folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
After you install the plugin, the Membership for WooCommerce plugin will be shown below the option named MakeWebBetter and another option will be generated in the name of Membership where you will find all the membership plans and members.
If the admin wants an overview of the features of the Membership for WooCommerce plugin, he can go through this space. It is for the understanding of the admin. It has the general outlines of Membership for WooCommerce Plugin.
For changing the general settings of Membership for WooCommerce plugin:
Go to Dashboard > MakeWebBetter > Membership For WooCommerce > General Settings
The general settings have the following options:
Enable Membership Plan –
Admin can enable/disable Membership for WooCommerce plugin functionality on the front end. The users won’t see it if you disable it.
Delete Data At Uninstall –
If enabled, this will automatically delete all the member details and membership data after uninstalling the plugin.
Show History To User –
Admin can enable the visibility of the user history. This way, the user can visit and see their plan history in the membership tab on ‘My Account Page’.
After making changes in the general settings of the membership plugin. Save Changes.
Admin can customize the single product page through the shortcodes that are provided in this space. These shortcodes are in action for:
- Membership Action Shortcodes
- Membership Plans Shortcodes
Admin has a variety of shortcodes that can be pasted on the product page and customized according to their requirements. To access the shortcodes:
Go to Dashboard > MakeWebBetter > Membership For WooCommerce > Membership Shortcodes
Membership Action Shortcodes
- Buy Now: This shortcode only returns the buy now button. Use it as [mwb_membership_yes].
- No Thanks: This shortcode only returns the no thanks button. Use it as [mwb_membership_no].
Membership Plan Shortcodes
- Membership Plan Title: This shortcode returns the title of the membership plan. Use it as [mwb_membership_title plan_id=your plan ID]
- Membership Plan Price: This shortcode returns the price of Membership Plan. Use it as [mwb_membership_price plan_id=your plan ID]
- Membership Plan Desc: This shortcode returns the description of the Membership Plan. Use it as [mwb_membership_desc plan_id=your plan ID]
6.Create WooCommerce Membership Plans
Admin can create as many membership plans he wants on his WooCommerce stores with respect to the inventory.
Go to Admin Dashboard > Memberships > All Membership Plans > Add Membership Plans
When you begin creating your WooCommerce membership plans, you will have to fill in the following details:
Title, Media & Description: Mention the name of your plan here. For example, Gold plan, Silver plan, Bronze plan, etc. Below this, you can describe your plan and also add media, just like you do on your regular WordPress website post.
Under Create Plan heading you will find a series of important assignments:
Membership Plan Amount
It is the amount at which the admin wants to sell his memberships.
Here the admin can set the type of access he wants to grant to his users. You can select from two options, i.e. Lifetime and Limited.
For limited access type admin can select days, weeks, months, or years.
Some features of the Membership For WooCommerce Pro plugin are also mentioned under Create Plan:
- Include Memberships
- Membership Pro
Under Membership Plan Offers in the Membership for WooCommerce Pro plugin, admin can access to:
- Offered Products
- Offered Categories
- Offered Product Tags
- Discount On Products
So, you can provide discounts on membership products individually.
- Under the Included Section fill in the following fields:
This is a feature of Membership for WooCommerce Pro plugin where you can include selected pages for membership users. Other such options available here are, included product tags, posts, post categories, post tags & accessibility type.
All the range of products you want to make available for the membership users can be listed out here by the admin.
These are the categories of products that the admin wants to make available for the membership users. These categories will only be visible to the WooCommerce members.
- Under the Memberships Features Section, you can edit these settings:
Admin can specify the discount type that he wants to apply for membership users. Admin can set it to a fixed price or discount percentage.
Allow Free Shipping
Admin can switch this to allow free shipping to the WooCommerce members. After sliding the button, the admin needs to manage free shipping for members.
Admin can directly manage shipping from the membership features section through these steps:
- Click Manage Free Shipping.
- Add Membership Shipping in the shipping methods.
- Save changes.
- Admin can edit membership shipping settings anytime.
Now the shipping methods will also show membership shipping.
The premium features of Membership for WooCommerce Plugin in this section include:
- Hide Products From Non-members
- Show Notice To Members
- After filling in the entire set of fields, the admin can publish the page. Just as you publish a blog or your product page.
You can create and name as many plans according to your needs. We have also created 4 plans in this example.
7.Export or Import Membership Plans With Membership for WooCommerce Plugin
For exporting membership plans,
- Go to Dashboard > Memberships > All Membership Plans
- Navigate and click ‘export plans’. This will export all your available membership plans into a simple CSV file that the admin can find in his downloads section.
For importing membership plans,
- Go to Dashboard > Memberships > All Membership Plans
- Navigate and click ‘ import plans’. Then the admin can choose the file that has all membership details from his system. Upload the file and all your membership plans will be imported with details.
Please Note: Admin can import the WooCommerce membership plans and successfully apply this import if the CSV file products are available in the store. Otherwise, it will fail.
8.Add New Member
Admin can add new members manually to the membership plans.
Go to Dashboard > Memberships > All Members > Add New
- Select user. It can be an existing user or a new one.
- Mention billing details like address, phone number, email & payment method.
- Select Plan from Membership Details section from the existing membership plans of your WooCommerce store.
- Update status to on-hold, completed, pending & cancelled from the Member Actions box.
- Update post. And the member will be added manually.
Yes, Membership for WooCommerce plugin is compatible with all popular themes that follow WooCommerce standards.
Yes, you can have both membership types in the premium version of the Membership for WooCommerce Plugin.
We have an option to set the membership lifetime, you can set either of two.
Yes, Membership for WooCommerce has the shortcode to display Membership plan, price and description.
Membership Plan Title → [mwb_membership_title]
Membership Plan Price → [mwb_membership_price]
Membership Plan Desc → [mwb_membership_desc]
You can first test for the common reasons and try to:
- Check for theme conflict. Test the plugin with the default WooCommerce theme.
- Check for plugin conflicts by deactivating plugins one by one to make sure which plugin is causing the error.
- Read this for WooCommerce issues.
- If the problem still prevails, reach out to our support and give detailed information about your issue. We will contact you personally.