- Create extra booking fees and services with ease from the backend.
- Unit, basic, and extra costs can all be specified for WooCommerce bookable products.
- Create a simple list of forthcoming bookings using the Booking Calendar.
- Set the start and finish times for WooCommerce bookings for the day with simplicity.
- You can simply establish the maximum number of bookings per day using the HMS unit.
- Make it simple for your clients to cancel their booking requests.
1. Automatic Installation
WordPress is the easiest to use when it comes to automated installation. For that you just need to-
- Sign in to your WordPress Dashboard using your username and password.
- Then, in the left panel of your dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New.
- Click the Upload Plugin button at the top of the page.
- From the Choose File menu, select the .zip file for the MWB Bookings for WooCommerce, then press Install Now.
- If the plugin has been successfully installed, activate it.
2. Manual Installation
Manual installation is another option for installing the plugin in your WordPress environment. The manual installation phase entails using their preferred FTP client to download and upload the MWB Bookings for WooCommerce plugin to the webserver.
- Upload the MWB Bookings for WooCommerce folder to the /WP-content/plugins/directory.
- Navigate to the Plugins menu in WordPress to activate the plugin.
- That is all there is to it.
3.How to Setup Plugin Backend?
WooCommerce Bookings plugin setup is quite easy and quick, you just need to pay attention to the details and the functions of each option here. So, let’s start then-
After installing the plugin, simply traverse towards your WordPress Dashboard and find MakeWebBetter – MWB Bookings for WooCommerce icon on the sidebar. Hit on the icon to launch the plugin backend settings panel.
For better understanding, you may also check out the screenshot given below.
Note: You can also launch the plugin backend, making use of the Bookings plugin’s Settings option available in the installed plugin listing page.
After launching the plugin backend, the actual setting required to set up the plugin functionality begins. Let’s check out.
This is the initial setup option available on the WooCommerce bookings plugin backend, in order to open the general settings option just navigate WooCommerce Dashboard > Bookings > Settings. This general settings tab offers multiple setting options like-
1. Enable Plugin
This option comes with a toggle button that you can use to Enable or Disable the Plugin feature in your store by simply turning it on or off.
2. Enable Bookings
This option comes in handy with a toggle button along, you just need to toggle that button on/off in order to Enable or Disable the Bookings feature within your store. This setting is quite crucial in its aspect also, this helps you easily allow your customers to begin your WooCommerce bookings; otherwise, your consumers would be unable to do so.
3.2.Booking Form Settings
This is a secondary setting option offered in the Booking Form Settings tab, this option allows you to control the booking form display at the frontend. Some of the options it includes are-
1. Show Included Services
This toggle button option allows you to show or hide the included services from the frontend booking form means from your customer’s display. This option must be enabled in order to display your booking services over your booking form.
2. Show Totals
This toggle button allows you to enable or disable the totals booking cost display at the frontend booking form. If you want your customers to learn about their booking total cost at the booking for itself whilst placing a request. You must enable this to display the total booking cost for different services and quantities during booking.
This is the very next tab in the WooCommerce bookings plugin’s settings. I.e. Availability Settings. You may use this option to simply define the exact start and end dates/times of your booking. Let’s have a look at how-
1. Daily Start Time
Enter your daily start time for the booking requests to be made at your website end. Customers cannot place requests before the specified time.
2. Daily End Time
Enter your daily end time for the booking requests to be made at your website end. Customers cannot place requests after the specified time till the very next day.
This is the very next tab in the bookings plugin’s settings. i.e. Booking Calendar. This is not an actual setting tab rather a tab for the booking request overview.
Admin managers can easily check out the detailed booking calendars for different months available here, and determine with ease- How their month is shaping up. This calendar displays the booking request made by your customers, one can make use of that to schedule their WooCommerce bookings further and plan their workflow.
4.How to Create Bookable Resources?
Creating a bookable resource in order to receive further booking requests is no rocket science. You can easily create a bookable resource i.e. service or a product as the same as you create a simple product, just the difference lies in the settings further.
Don’t stress, let me tell you that in detail-
In order to create a bookable resource for your bookings, you need to first navigate towards your Dashboard > Products > Add New. After that, you automatically are driven to the Add New Product window, which somehow resonates with the screenshot below-
Add New Product
Just create a new product by entering the product name, featured image, description, etc. Once you’re done with all that, proceed to the very next step i.e. Product Data Setting section.
The Product Data Setting section is located just beneath the product description area. Tap the dropdown button beside the Product Data and update Product Type with Booking Product.
Then proceed with the settings further detailed below.
4.1.Product Data General Settings
These are the extra product parameters that will become available after you pick Booking Product as your product type and press the General Settings tab. Within this set, there are numerous settings available-
This option in the General Settings tab determines the booking quantity determination type for your booking product.
All you have to do now is tap the dropdown menu. It would display two different sorts of booking quantity determination units, identical to those shown in the screenshot below.-
Customers Can Choose
You can easily define your booking quantity as Customers Can Choose type, this depicts that your booking-based quantity determination can be custom assigned by the consumer at the frontend while placing a booking request. i.e. booking duration on the front end is chosen by the customer.
This is also a type of booking quantity, if you supposedly set your booking quantity type to be fixed, that clearly means that your booking duration is predefined to 1 i.e. booking quantity, and that cannot be altered by the customer while placing a booking request.
Max Booking Per User
You can use this option to limit the number of quantities a user can book for a specific booking product, service, or resource.
This dropdown option lets you easily determine the unit type for your booking orders to be placed for the specified booking product, service, or resource.
It has three options likewise, depending on the booking product you own or for which you’re specifying.
4.2.Product Data Costs Settings
These are the additional product settings that would be enabled after you tap into the Costs tab. This set includes multiple settings within-
- Unit Cost: It is basically the bookable resource per unit cost or the main cost that is designated by the store owner itself. The booking unit cost can be anything in numerals, just you need to manually input it in the text box given beside.
This option Unit Cost includes two contradictory further options available for your unit cost calculation, that are-
- Unit Cost Per People: This is a contradictory further option available with respect to the unit cost of the bookable resource. If you check this option then, your unit cost is calculated with respect to the number of people for whom the service is to be requested for booking.
- Base Cost: It is primarily the base rental fee or optional cost of a bookable resource unit. Because the base cost is an optional expense, it is entirely up to the user to decide whether or not to utilize it.
This option Base Cost includes a further option for calculating your base cost, that is-
- Base Cost Per People: If you pick this option, the base cost would be determined by the number of people counting availing of that booking service. If you want to add further additional costs other than this booking unit and base cost for the booking product, you can do so just by following the further approach.
1. Add New Booking Cost
In order to create additional booking costs for your product, you need to first navigate to WooCommerce Dashboard > Products > Booking Cost. This tab allows you to create different types of additional booking costs for your booking products. There are multiple options available-
- Name: This option allows you to input a unique identifier name for the additional booking cost that you’re supposed to be creating.
- Slug: The “slug” is the URL-friendly version of the name. It is usually all lowercase and contains only letters, numbers, and hyphens. Add a slug of your choice that you want to add for your additional booking costs created.
- Description: This input box allows you to enter the description for the additional booking costs that you’ve created.
- Booking Cost: This input box allows you to enter the booking cost price with respect to the added cost of your bookable product, resource, or service. This option includes different conditions along with-
- Multiply Cost by Number of People: If you checked this option available, this clearly states that your created additional booking cost will be multiplied by the number of people added to the booking.
- Multiply by Duration: If you supposedly checked this option this clearly means that you allow your created additional booking cost to be multiplied with the duration of the booking placed. After you’re done with the options, just hit the Add New Booking Cost button to save the booking cost created. You can conceivably create as much as a cost that you desire.
2. Add Booking Cost to Product
As you’ve created the additional booking costs, now it’s time to append them within your booking product. To do so, you are just required to make use of the right sidebar widget of your booking product edit page named Booking Costs. After that, just append as many additional booking costs in the box in the form of tags and hit Save.
4.3.Product Data People Settings
These are the additional product settings that would be enabled after you tap into the People tab. This set includes multiple settings within-
- Enable People Option: If you wish to offer the people an option for the ease and comfort of your consumers for placing booking requests, then do enable the checkbox setting available here.
- Minimum No. of People: This option lets you easily define the minimum number of people to be allowed for booking certain booking products from your website for an order.
- Maximum No. of People: This option lets you easily define the maximum number of people to be allowed for booking certain booking products from your website for an order.
4.4.Product Data Services Settings
These are the additional product settings that would be enabled after you tap into the Services tab. This set includes multiple settings within-
1. Add Extra Services
This option enables your customers to choose additional booking services in addition to the product’s predefined booking services when making a booking request. If you want to add further additional services other than this booking included services for your booking product, you can do so just by following the further approach.
2. Add New Booking Services:
In order to create additional booking costs for your product, you need to first navigate to WooCommerce Dashboard > Products > Booking Services.
This tab allows you to create different types of additional booking services for your booking products. There are multiple options available-
a. Name: This input option allows you to enter the name of the booking service that you want to create for your bookings.
b. Slug: The “slug” is the URL-friendly version of the name. It is usually all lowercase and contains only letters, numbers, and hyphens. Add a slug of your choice that you want to add for your booking service created.
c. Description: This input box allows you to enter the description for your booking service created.
d. Service Cost: This option allows you to enter the cost of the booking service that you are including in your booking resources. This option includes different conditions along with-
e. Multiply Cost by Number of People Per Booking: This option allows you to calculate your booking service cost according to the people included in that booking. When nothing is specified, then the default service cost for that particular people type will be applied.
d. Multiply Cost by Duration: If you check this option it means that the service cost of your bookable resource i.e. product or service would be multiplied by the duration. Checking out this option enables your customer to place bookings based on timely schedules.
e. If Optional: If you check this option, your created additional booking service cost would become optional while making a booking request, and if you left it unchecked, your service included cost would become optional, vice versa.
f. If Hidden: This option if checked allows you to hide your included booking service created from the customer at the time of placing a booking request. There’s a catch that this hidden option only works for included services not for the additional services created.
g. If Has Quantity: This option enables you to calculate the service booking cost for the booking on the basis of the quantity of the bookable resource available. If you supposedly check this option then two more options are enabled-
h. Minimum Quantity: This option allows you to input the minimum quantity allowed for the bookable resource to place a booking request.
i. Maximum Quantity: This option allows you to input the maximum quantity of a bookable resource allowed in order to place a booking request. After you’re done with the options, just hit the Add New Booking Service button to save the booking cost created. You can conceivably create as much as additional booking services that you desire.
3. Add Booking Services to Product
As you’ve created the additional booking services, now it’s time to append them within your booking product. To do so, you are just required to make use of the right sidebar widget of your booking product edit page named Booking Services. After that, just append as many additional booking costs in the box in the form of tags and hit Save.
4.5.Product Data Availability Settings
These are the additional product settings that would be enabled after you tap into the Availability tab.
In order to define booking availability, you need to traverse towards Admin Dashboard > Plugin Backend > Availability Settings tab.
- Availability Tab Settings: In the tab perform the booking slots timeframe configuration by providing the start and end booking time slots for the day. This option not only defines the availability but can also act as an effective resource to restrict your booking slots and offer easy booking management for unavailability.
All of the settings needed to enable the booking function in your WooCommerce store can be found here. Let’s get started learning how to make booking requests so we can demonstrate the plugin’s possibilities.
5.How Do Customer’s Process Booking Requests & Admin can review them?
You might be curious about that- How do your customers be able to place booking requests/orders using the frontend?
Need not worry, let me detail you that in an easy stepwise manner.
Let’s start then.
5.1.Find A Booking Product or Service
In order to place a booking request or order, initially, the consumer needs to place a booking request. For that, he/she is required to fill a booking form.
Just hit the View Details button beneath the bookable resource i.e. product or service available in the store and proceed.
For better understanding do check out the screenshot below-
5.2.Place Your Booking Request
After that, you would automatically be directed to the bookable resource i.e. product or service Description page. Here, you are supposed to fill out the booking form available, based on different options sets allotted by the store manager itself.
Do refer to the screenshot below for better understanding-
Add the Checkout Details in the form given and opt for the preferable Payment Options available there, and proceed to payment in order to complete the booking order.
That’s it, after successful completion of the Payment Process your Booking Placement Process would also be completed simultaneously.
Note: Customers can avail of unpaid booking requests by opting for the payment method as “COD” or Cash on Delivery.
6.How do admin managers can Review their customer Booking Requests?
As a booking store manager itself, How supposedly you can review the booking requests received using your backend panel?
This might be a question that you might think of now.
Basically, you can review your booking orders or requests received in two possible ways using your Backend Dashboard Area.
How? let me detail:
6.1.Bookings Calendar View
The first way to review your placed booking orders or requests in an easy manner is using the Bookings Calendar View. In order to access the calendar view area, you just need to get towards the Dashboard > Bookings > Bookings Calendar tab.
You can review the screenshot given above in order to have a better understanding.
Here, you can now conveniently review all the booking orders or requests placed monthly on this view. If you want to review the particular booking status or details just click over the booking name.
6.2.All Bookings Listing Panel
Another way to conveniently review the booking orders or requests placed is by making use of the Booking Listing Panel. You can navigate towards your WC booking listing panel easily in possible two ways-
First, just hit the Bookings button on the top of your booking dashboard panel and you’ll be redirected. This button also displays the number of booking requests placed.
For more understanding, do refer to the screenshot below-
Other than that, you are required to navigate towards your Dashboard > WooCommerce > Orders tab.
For instance, do refer to the screenshot given below-
In the given WC Booking list view, you can easily evaluate all of the booking orders or requests that have been placed. Simply click on the booking order to discover the status or details for that specific booking or even edit that on your own.
Here’s where you’ll find a particular Bookings tag for simple sorting of your among the rest of the orders you’ve received through your website.
In order to facilitate easy translations and localization within the MWB Bookings for WooCommerce plugin, we have now made the plugin perfectly interoperable with the WordPress Multilingual i.e. WPML plugin.
Yes, now you can effectively translate your plugin-based strings effectively in your preferred language. In order to initiate the translation process, just you have to first extract all your plugin based strings effectively and then proceed with the following steps-
- First head on to your WordPress Backend and then navigate towards WPML > Themes Plugins Localization.
- After that select your specified plugin from the list of plugins available there and hit on Scan Selected Plugins for Strings.
- As the scan progresses and completes, thereby you receive the total number of your plugin-based required strings that can be translated into numbers.
- Then click on the number of strings that are highlighted in front of your plugin name in order to initiate the process further.
- After that you’ll be routed to a page with a list of all the plugin’s strings, from that you can then translate each and every one.
- When you arrive at this page, tap the + button beside each string in a sequence to manually process and select a string for the translated version. A pop-up window will appear, spurring you to input the substring translated version.
- Once you’ve finished writing the translation, it will be automatically saved, and then when the customer chooses a different dialect, the English translation of the string will appear.
- In this way, you can effectively translate all your plugin-based strings and hence enjoy multilingual integration benefits. It is better advised to generate your required string translations beforehand to avoid linguistic issues.
9.Feedback and Suggestions
Don’t see a feature in MWB Bookings for WooCommerce plugin that you think would be useful?
We’d love to hear it: Reach out to our Support query and we’ll consider adding it in a future release.
Yes, the admin can change the booking status easily for this, you need to navigate in plugin Settings > General option > Change Status to confirm after days.
Yes, the admin can reject unpaid bookings easily. This just requires to Enable the settings from the backend and navigate to Plugin Settings > General Option > Reject Unpaid Booking after the selected specified days.
The admin can easily review all of the bookings that have been made by heading to the Booking Tab, where we have included all of the booking sections for the admin to check.
Yes, the admin can set the booking and non-booking days as required. We have a setting called Global Availability Rules for this.
Yes, there is a way to do it. Go to Plugin Settings > General Options > Update Status to change the status of a booking. Adjust the status to check whether the customer has already paid the booking fees, either manually or automatically after the specified days.
To do so, just go to Admin Dashboard > Booking Tab > Services and assign that according to your preferences.
Yes, using our plugin, you can add hidden services. Just go to the Admin Dashboard > Booking Tab > Services >Add Services (enable if hidden).
Yes, for that you just need to navigate towards the Admin Dashboard > Booking Tab > People Type and set the people type for booking.
To the Admin Dashboard > Products > New Product > Select Data Type > Select MWB Booking and make the settings accordingly.
In our plugin, there are two types of booking units-
- Fixed Unit
- Customer Selected Unit