- Add unlimited currencies for your WooCommerce store.
- Add payment gateway rules as per your convenience.
- Choose from different switcher styles.
- Set geolocation for each currency.
- Add fixed price according to currency for products, coupons, and shipping
- Add currency
1. Automatic Installation
Automatic installation is the easiest option to install WooCommerce Multi-Currency Switcher, as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser.
( *Note- Please Install the free version to run the premium version. )
In order to install the purchased plugin automatically, use these steps:
- After completing your plugin purchase go to My Account. [Use this link https://makewebbetter.com/my-account/downloads/ to review your account].
- From My Account go to the Download section. [Here you can easily find all your purchased plugins].
- Click on the Download button present across your purchased plugin to download your extension.
- Now log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
- From the sidebar click on Plugins.
- Click on Add New and then upload your purchased plugin.
- Click the Browse button. Choose your downloaded plugin’s .zip file, and click on Install.
- Now click on the Activate link. You’re all set to use your plugin and take benefit from it!
(*Note: To create your account before completing your purchase visit the Login Page)
2. Manual Installation
The manual installation of this Multi-Currency Switcher plugin is another option to connect the plugin to your WordPress environment. This method involves downloading our Multi-Currency Switcher extension and uploading it to your webserver via your favorite FTP application.
The steps are as follows:
- Upload Multi-Currency Switcher folder to the/wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
To use the plugin, you need to activate the plugin functionalities by turning on the toggle switch in Currency Settings.
- In the admin panel, click on MakeWebBetter→ WooCommerce Multi Currency Switcher→ General Settings.
- Activate the plugin by turning on the toggle switch.
- Choose a currency aggregator from the given set of 5 aggregators- Yahoo Finance API, Bank of Romaniei (Romania), The Free Currency Converter by European Central Bank, Bank of Italy, Exchange rate. Choose your option from the Select Currency Aggregator setting.
- Select the currency rate update frequency from the Currency rate auto-update setting. You will get multiple options such as Every 15 minutes, Every 30 minutes, Every 45 minutes, Every Hour, Twice Daily, Daily, Weekly, Monthly.
- Enter the Currency Code for the currencies you want to display on your store. The currency code for any country’s currency is the first three letters of the respective country. You can also get the currency code by clicking on the given link.
- Once you enter the currency codes, click on the respective in the Default setting column to make it the default currency for your WooCommerce store.
- Choose the symbol for your entered currencies from the dropdown menu under the Symbol setting.
- Using the options from the dropdown menu under the Position column, set the position of the currency symbols. The options include left ($P), right (P$), left space ($ P), right space (P $).
- Enter the exchange rate with respect to the Default currency either manually in the column for Rate and Interest or by clicking on the refresh icon as shown in the screenshot below. The rate for the default currency is always 1.
(*Note: Refresh the exchange rate using the refresh icon each time you enter a new currency in the currency code section.)
Set the interest amount (if any) in the space given to the right of the rate under the Rate and Interest column.
- Mention the number of digits you want to display after the decimal point in the space given under the Decimal setting. Eg: 1, 2, 3 or so on.
- The country flag loads automatically as soon as you enter the Currency Code in the respective spaces.
- Click on the +Add button sliding across the right side of the page to add the unlimited number of currencies using the fields described above.
- Click on the Save button.
Click on the Edit button to predefine your custom settings in the form that will appear as shown in the screenshot.
- Enter the Custom Symbol of your choice in the space provided in the respective currency edit form.
- Upload your custom image for the flag of your choice in the Custom Flag setting.
- Enter the symbol you wish to use as the Thousand Separator in the space provided.
- Enter the symbol you wish to use as the Decimal Separator in the space provided.
- Choose from the dropdown menu if you want to show or hide Cents.
- Mention the description of the respective currency. Using our premium currency switcher plugin, you can also display the description in the front end.
- Click on the Save button to execute your settings.
Using the advanced settings, you can predefine some user-friendly features for better user experience:
- Select Welcome Currency from the dropdown menu created once you save the setting in the Currency Settings tab.Choose from your entered options as the welcome currency to display your products/ services in the selected currency to any user who visits your online store.
- To Hide Switcher on Checkout Page, turn on the respective toggle button.
- To Hide Widget on Checkout Page, turn on the respective toggle button.
- Turn the toggle button on to Enable Geolocation Rules.
- Enable Payment Gateway Rules on the Checkout Page using the toggle switch.
- You can set the Show Side Switcher on the Single Product Page toggle switch as on or off.
- Enable Custom Price for Product using the toggle switch.
- Enable Custom Coupon for Product using the toggle switch.
- Enable Shipping Price for Product using the toggle switch.
6.Payment Gateway Rules
- Set the Payment Gateway Rules for the users who want to select different options for payment. The multi-currency switcher for WooCommerce (pro version) allows you to customize these options for each currency separately.
- The different options provided for each currency are- Direct bank transfer, Check payments, Cash on delivery, Paypal, Paypal Checkout.
- In the Side Switcher tab, turn on the toggle button to Enable Side Switcher.
- Select the Switcher Style from the dropdown menu. In the premium plugin, you are provided with more switcher styles. These are- Roll Block, Animated Button, Arrow Shape, Moving Box.
- Using the Switcher Position dropdown menu, you can set the side switcher either to the Left or Right in your frontend.
- For the switcher design, select the Switcher Background Color, Currency Background Color, Currency Text Color, Currency Description Text Color from the respectively given color palettes.
- Click on the Save button.
8.Shortcodes and Widgets
- If you want to place the currency converter for a specific product in your store, you can place the shortcode in the backend of the products.
- To use the currency switcher widget, go to Appearance→ Widgets in the admin panel.
- Add a block and search for the widget of your choice by entering- currency switcher dropdown, currency converter, or currency table. Select the widget you want to add and click on the Update button.
- The appearance of the widgets is as shown below
Is there any shortcode for the currency switcher dropdown & currency converter to put specifically in any place ?
Yes, the admin can use the [currency_converter] shortcode. This shortcode will add the currency switcher that will display the converted value of the currency in real-time.
You can also add the widgets provided in the plugin- currency switcher dropdown and currency switcher dropdown and currency table.
Yes, there is a side switcher which needs to be enabled in the Side Switcher tab in the plugin backend settings.
Yes, the admin can set the interest for interchanging the multi-currencies for an order from the rate & interest tab in the Currency Settings of the plugin backend.
Yes, the admin can set anyone's currency as default. This currency will also provide the reference values for the other currencies.
Yes, there is an option to either choose the default flag images or upload your own. Go to plugin settings→ Currency Settings→ Edit. Admin can make the changes accordingly.
Yes, admins can set these costs manually for their products, coupons, and even the shipping fees by enabling the concerned setting in the Advanced Setting of the plugin backend.