Return Refund and Exchange for WooCommerce plugin helps store owners to increase customer satisfaction and builds a strong relationship with buyers. This FREE plugin sets up a system in your WooCommerce store that allows your buyers to submit refund requests on delivered orders that don’t fit their needs (along with the reasons).
The whole process goes under a dedicated mailing system which would keep both the parties on the same track. With WPML, the full features can be translated into different languages, to engage multilingual buyers across the globe.
Some exciting features of the extension are as follows.
- Provide a complete refund system.
- Efficient tax handling.
- Use Shortcode for email content.
- Allow customers to add a reason for the refund.
- Admin can set predefined reason requests.
- A user can send an attachment with the refund request.
- Admin can manage stock on each refund.
- Admin can add refund guidelines on the refund request form.
- Set the frontend text for “view order” and “refund” button from the Text setting options
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser.
The steps are as follows:
- From the plugin menu click on “Add New“
- Search for Return Refund and Exchange for WooCommerce plugin, and click on the “Install” button.
“Activate” the plugin once installed.
Manual installation of the plugin is another option to install the plugin to your WordPress environment. The manual installation method involves downloading our Return Refund and Exchange for WooCommerce Extension and uploading it to your webserver via your favorite FTP application.
The steps are as follows :
1. Upload the Return Refund and Exchange for WooCommerce folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
3.Free Version Features
The free version of “Return Refund and Exchange for WooCommerce” plugin provides an easy, simple and complete refund management system for your WooCommerce store.
The “Refund Product” menu contains the settings options to add a refund request button on your WooCommerce store and manage the complete refund process smoothly.
- Enable Refund Request.
- Set the maximum number of days.
- Select the order status in which the order can be refunded
- Select the pages where the Refund button is to be shown
Note: All the four necessary settings are highlighted in the screenshot below.
Here are all the settings needed to set the refund feature to your WooCommerce settings according to your requirements:
Enable: Click on the checkbox to enable the refund request setting.
Include Tax: The merchant can include and exclude the tax on the Refund Request form.
Minimum Number of Days: Through this setting, the user will be able to submit a refund request up to the selected number of days from the order placed day. If the value of this setting is zero or blank then the Refund button will not be visible on the Order detail page.
Enable Attachment on Request form: The merchant can enable the attachment field on the Refund Request form.
Enter Number of Attachment to send: Here admin can give the number of attachment that the buyers can send along with the refund request for
Enable Refund Reason Description: Through this Merchant can enable/disable the Refund Reason Description field.
Enable Manage Stock: The Merchant can enable/disable the managed stock when the refund request is approved.
Select Order Status in which Order can be Refunded: Here the admin can select the order status in which the order can be refunded
The refund button will only be visible for those orders which have the selected order status
Enable Refund Rules: Through this setting, the admin can display the refund rules on the Refund Request Form.
Refund Rule Editor: In this section, the admin can write the Refund Rules by simply using the custom HTML and CSS.
Refund Button Text: In this section, the admin can change the Refund Button text on the frontend.
Enable Order Messages: Enable this checkbox and allow your customers to send messages related to their purchased products
Enable Attachment Upload For Order Messages: Enable this checkbox to allow your customers to include media files in their messages.
View Order Message Text: In this section, the admin can change the Order Messages button text in the frontend.
Select to Show Refund Button on Pages: Choose the pages on which you want to show the “Refund Button” on the frontend.
[Example] Refund Process in Action
Consider a situation in which one of your customers ordered and received a product. But due to some reason, he/she wants to return it and request for refund.
With our “Return Refund and Exchange for WooCommerce” plugin, you can provide your unhappy customer with a refund button on the order page, so that he can easily request a refund.
After the four necessary settings, you can make the refund button available to your customer.
Clicking on the Return button, a “Return Request Form” will display to your customer. After filling out this form your customer will be able to send the return request to the admin.
Admin can see all the request requests in the WooCommerce > Orders. Admin can view the detailed information of any request by clicking on that particular order.
Admin can check all the details of the product related to that refund requested order and Accept/Cancel the request.
If the admin accepts the refund request then he/she can refund the amount in the customer wallet by clicking on the “Refund Amount“.
Great! The Refund is done successfully.
With the “Manage Stock” button (which appears if the manage stock setting is enabled) the admin can restock the returning product.
Further, allow your customers to send messages along with images and request you to take suitable action for their orders or product related queries. After receiving the query, the admin can respond accordingly from the backend.
Both admin and customer can review their messages under the ‘Order Message History’ section to avoid miscommunication and build better relations.
These options are basically for setting the email notification that are sent during the product returns.
- From Name: All email notifications to the users are sent from this name.
- From Email: All email notifications to the users are sent from this email address
- Set Main Header and Mail Footer: Admin can set the email header and footer in this section that is common for all the email sent during the refund process.
- Predefined Refund Reason: Merchant can set multiple predefined refund reasons which may be the reason for the refund requests.
MAIL NOTIFICATION FOR REFUND:
- Refund Request Subject: Subject of refund request which merchant received for an order.
- Received Refund Request Message: Message content of the email that buyers get after their refund request is received by the admin.
- Approved Refund Request Subject: Subject of the email that buyers received after the admin approved their refund request.
- Approved Refund Request Message: Message content of the approved refund request which buyers received for their order.
- Cancelled Refund Request Subject: Subject of the email that is received by the buyers after the admin cancelled the refund request.
- Cancelled Refund Request Message: Here admin can write down the message that is sent to the buyers when the admin cancels their refund request.
Exchange Product settings allow you (administrator) to enable/disable the exchange feature on your WooCommerce store for your customer.
To see the exchange button in action, you must first set these four necessary settings.
- Enable exchange request.
- Set the maximum number of days.
- Select the order status in which the order can be exchanged
- Select the pages where the Exchange button is to be shown
After enabling the setting, your customer can send the exchange request by following the steps.
Start by clicking on the “Exchange Button“.
After clicking on the “Exchange” button, an exchange request Form will be displayed. After filling out this form the customer will be able to send the exchange request.
Admin can allow the customer for two types of exchange policies.
- Exchange products with selected products or their variations.
- Exchange the product by any product.
1) Exchange product with selected products or its variations
2)Exchange the product with any product
After clicking on the Submit Request, the exchange request transmits to the admin.
The admin can see all the exchange requests from the Order list. View any request by clicking on that particular order.
The admin can view all the details of the exchange requested products and “Accept” or “Cancel” the exchange request.
If the admin accepts exchange requests then he/she can manage the stock by clicking on the “Manage Stock” button.
This setting will work for both Refund and Exchange Requests.
- Enable Single Refund/Exchange Per Order: After enabling this feature the merchant can recommend one request for an order, If anyone’s Refund/Exchange request is done with an order then further Refund/Exchange request is disabled for that order.
- Enable Refund & Exchange for exchange approved order: Enable this setting if you want to again enable the refund/exchange setting on the exchange approved product.
- Sidebar: The merchant can enable the settings for showing the sidebar in the refund and request form.
- Admin can Write the Main Wrapper Class & Child Wrapper Class of Theme if add some design on the frontend.
- Custom CSS: The merchant can change the physical properties of refund from, exchange form, wallet using the custom CSS.
- Enable order messages: Admin can allow customers to send messages by enabling this setting.
- Enable Attachment Upload for Order Messages: Allow customers to attach images with the order messages.
- Shortcode for Guest Refund/Exchange Form: Copy and paste this shortcode, and display the refund/exchange form for guest buyers.
- Refund/Exchange/Cancel Button for COD: Hide Refund/Exchange/Cancel Button from the page for COD buyer
4.3.Cancel Order Setting
Select to show cancel button on pages:
Admin can select the pages on which “Cancel Button” is shown in the backend.
Cancel Selected Product From the Order:
By enabling this setting, the admin can allow the customer to cancel only the selected products instead of the whole order.
Enable Customer Wallet:
If you want to add the refunded amount to the customer wallet then check box the “Enable Wallet” options. The other option lets you set the complete wallet setting.
After enabling this setting the refunded amount will automatically be added to the customer wallet.
Enable to Select Refund Method to Customer:
Admin can check this box to allow the customers to select the methods they want for their refund.
There are two types of refund methods.
- Refund in Customer Wallet
- Refund through Manual Method
Through this setting, the admin can create catalogs and select products for that created catalog. Further, based on those cataloged products, admin can set “Maximum Refund Days” and “Maximum Exchange Days“.
This makes it possible to segment products and assign different refund and exchange time limits for the refund and exchange.
If you want to exclude the products from the exchange/refund process then simply enter the refund/exchange days to 0.
Add/Remove(+/-): Use plus (+) sign to add a new catalog and minus (-) to remove the existing catalog.
Catalog Name: Here the merchant can give a “Name” to the catalog.
Select Catalog Products: Here admin can select products to add to the catalog.
Maximum Refund Days: Set maximum number of days up to when the refund request is possible on the products.
Maximum Exchange Days: Set maximum number of days up to when exchange request is possible on the products.
No worries. You can see the refund button on the frontend after making all the four necessary settings. Which are:
- Set minimum number of days
- Select the order status
- Select the page to show the refund button.
Please go to the WooCommerce Menu > Refund-Exchange Lite Setting > Click on the Refund Product Tab
and fill out the desired changes and click on the save changes button to save the setting.
It’s a very easy way, go to the WooCommerce > Settings > Refund-Exchange Lite Setting ->Refund Products and Select the order status in which the order can be Refund.
To setup the Mail Configuration setting, please go to :
- Refund-Exchange Lite Setting -> Mail configuration
From here, you can fill out the needed settings and save the changes.