Return Refund and Exchange for WooCommerce plugin helps store owners to increase customer satisfaction and builds a strong relationship with buyers. This FREE plugin sets up a system in your WooCommerce store that allows your buyers to submit refund requests on delivered orders that don’t fit their needs (along with the reasons).
The whole process goes under a dedicated mailing system which would keep both the parties on the same track. With WPML, the full features can be translated to engage multilingual buyers across the globe.
Some exciting features of the extension are as follows.
- Provide a refund system.
- Efficient tax handling.
- Use Shortcode for email content.
- Allow customers to add a reason for the refund.
- Admin Can set predefined reason requests.
- A user can send an attachment with the refund request.
- Admin can manage stock on each refund.
- From now admin can add refund guidelines on the refund request form.
- Automatic Installation
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser.
Steps are as follows:
1) Download the zip folder of the plugin Return Refund and Exchange for WooCommerce.
2) Once downloaded install plugin through browsing and activate it.
- Manual Installation
Manual installation of the plugin is another option to install the plugin to your WordPress-environment. The manual installation method involves downloading our Return Refund and Exchange for WooCommerce Extension and uploading it to your webserver via your favorite FTP application.
Steps are as follows :
1) Upload the Return Refund and Exchange for WooCommerce folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
2) Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
3.Free Version Features
The free version of Return Refund and Exchange for WooCommerce plugin provides easy and simple Refund Management System.
The Refund Products setting allows you (administrator) to enable and set the complete refund feature to your WooCommerce store for your buyers. For enabling this setting firstly you have to enable these three settings.
- Enable Refund Request.
- Set the maximum number of days.
- Select the order status in which the order can be refunded
Enable: Click on the checkbox to enable the refund request setting.
Include Tax: The merchant can include and exclude the tax on the Refund Request form.
Minimum Number of Days: Through this setting, the user will be able to submit a refund request up to the selected number of days from the delivery day. If the value of this setting is zero or blank then the Refund button will not be visible on the Order detail page.
Enable Attachment on Request form: The merchant can enable the attachment field on the Refund Request form
Enable Refund Reason Description: Through this Merchant can enable/disable the Refund Reason Description field.
Enable Manage Stock: The Merchant can enable/disable the managed stock when the refund request is approved.
Select Order Status in which Order can be Refunded: Here the admin can select the order status in which the order can be refunded
For example, the admin selects complete order status then only that product is refunded which holds complete order status.
Enable Refund Rules: Through this setting, the admin can display the refund rules on the Refund Request Form.
Refund Rule Editor: In this section, the admin can write the Refund Rules by simply using the custom HTML and CSS.
Refund Button Text: In this section, the admin can change the Refund Button text on the frontend.
Enable Order Messages– Enable this checkbox and allow your customers to send queries related to their purchased products
Enable Attachment Upload For Order Messages– Enable this checkbox to allow your customers to include media files in their messages. Your customers can see the refund button on the My Account Page ->Orders section after successfully placing an order.
View Order Message Text– In this section, the admin can change the Order Messages button on the frontend.
Select to Show Refund Button on Pages: Choose the pages on which you want to show the “Refund Button” on the frontend.
In this section, the admin and customers can communicate with through messages, and the admin can enable/disable the email notifications.
Clicking on the Return button, A Return Request Form will display to your customer. After filling out this form your customer will be able to send the return request to the admin. Admin can also change the text for order status and Refund request sent and can also communicate through messages.
After Clicking on the Submit Request the Refund Request is transmitted to the Admin.
Admin can see all the request requests from the WooCommerce > Orders. To view the detailed information of any request by clicking on that particular product.
Admin can check all the details of the product and Accept/Cancel the request.
If the Admin accepts the refund request than refund the amount in the customer wallet by clicking on the Refund Amount.
Allow your customers’ to send messages along with images and request you to take suitable action for their product related queries. After receiving the query, the admin can respond accordingly from the backend.
Both admin and customer can review their messages under the ‘Order Message History’ section to avoid miscommunication and build better relations.
These options are basically for setting the email notification for the product returns.
- From Name: All email notifications to the users are sent from this name.
- From Email: All email notifications to the users are sent from this email address
- Set Main Header and Mail Footer: Admin can set the email header and footer in this section that is common for all the email sent by the store owner.
- Predefined Refund Reason: Merchant can set multiple predefined refund reasons which may be the reason for the refund requests.
MAIL NOTIFICATION FOR REFUND:
- Merchant Refund Request Subject: Subject of refund request which merchant received for an order.
- Received Refund Request Message: Message content of refund request which users received for the order.
- Approved Refund Request Message: Message content of the approved refund request which user received for their order.
- Cancelled Refund Request Subject: Subject of the cancelled request which user received for their order.
Exchange Product settings allow you (administrator) to enable/disable the exchange feature on your WooCommerce store for your customer. For enabling this setting, you must enable these three settings.
- Enable exchange request.
- Set the maximum number of days.
- Select the order status in which the order can be exchanged
After enabling the setting, your customer can send the exchange request by following the steps.
First Click on the “Exchange Button“.
After clicking on the “exchange button”, A Exchange Request Form will be displayed. After filling out this form the customer will be able to send the exchange request.
Admin can allow the customer for two types of exchange policies.
- Exchange product with selected products or their variations.
- Exchange the product by any product.
1) Exchange product with selected products or its variations
2)Exchange the product with any product
After Clicking on the Submit Request, the Exchange Request transmits to the Admin.
The Admin can see all the exchange request from the Order list. View any request by clicking on that particular request.
The admin can view all the details of the product and Accept or Cancel the exchange request.
If the admin accepts Exchange request then manage stock by clicking on “Manage Stock” button.
This setting will work for both Refund and Exchange Requests.
- Enable Single Refund/Exchange Per Order: After enabling this feature the merchant can recommend one request for an order, If anyone’s Refund/Exchange request is done with an order then further Refund/Exchange request is disabled for that order.
- Enable Refund & Exchange for exchange approved order: Enable this setting if you want to again enable the refund/exchange setting on the exchange approved product.
- Sidebar: The merchant can enable the settings for showing the sidebar in the refund and request form.
- Admin can Write the Main Wrapper Class & Child Wrapper Class of Theme if add some design on the frontend.
- Custom CSS: The merchant can change the physical properties of refund from, exchange form, wallet using the custom CSS.
- Enable order messages: Admin can allow customers to send messages by enabling this setting.
- Enable Attachment Upload for Order Messages: Allow customers to attach images with the order messages.
- Shortcode for Guest Refund/Exchange Form: Copy and paste this shortcode, and display the refund/exchange form for guest buyers.
- Refund/Exchange/Cancel Button for COD: Hide Refund/Exchange/Cancel Button from the page for COD buyer
Enable Customer Wallet:
If you want to add the refunded amount to the customer wallet then check box the “Enable Wallet” options. The other option lets you set the complete wallet setting.
After enabling this setting the refunded amount will automatically be added to the customer wallet.
Enable to Select Refund Method to Customer:
Admin can check this box to allow the customers to select the methods they want for their refund.
There are two types of refund methods.
- Refund in Customer Wallet
- Refund through Manual Method
Through this setting, the admin can create catalogs and selects those categories on which categories products you don’t want to allow refund and exchange request for the selected time of period.
Add/Remove new catalog after first.
Here the merchant can give the “Name” catalog.
Select Catalog Products:
Here select products of catalog group.
Maximum Refund Days:
Set maximum refund days of the selected products.
Maximum Exchange Days:
Set maximum exchange days of the selected products.
Please go to the WooCommerce Menu > RAE Configuration Setting > Click on the Refund Product > Enable Refund Request Setting.
If you want to visible Refund button then follow these steps. You can easily go to the WooCommerce > Settings > RAE Setting >Refund Products and set the following points.
- Enable Refund Request.
- Set the maximum number of days.
- Select the order status in which the order can be refunded.
It’s a very easy way, go to the WooCommerce > Settings >RAE Setting ->Refund Products and Select the order status in which the order can be Refund.
- RAE Configuration Setting -> Mail configuration -> Basic setting -> Set header
- RAE Configuration Setting -> Mail configuration ->Refund ->and then fill all details.