WordPress PDF Generator converts posts, pages, products, and custom posts into a PDF file. This PDF file can be downloaded by both users and admin. It is helpful for the users when they want to save specific content they can read and share in the future. If a user wants to save a blog he/she can read without being online, he/she can simply download it with this advanced PDF generator plugin to access it anytime.
2.1. Automatic Installation
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser.
In order to install your purchased plugin automatically, use these steps:
- After completing your plugin purchase Go To My Account. [Use this link https://makewebbetter.com/my-account/downloads/ to review your account].
- From My Account go to the “Download” section. [Here you can easily find all your purchased plugins].
- Click on the “Download” button present across your purchased plugin to download your extension.
- Now Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
- From the sidebar click on Plugins.
- Click on Add New and then upload your purchased plugin.
- Click the Browse button. Choose your downloaded plugin’s .zip file, and click on Install.
- Now click on the Activate link.
- You’re all set to use your plugin and take benefit from it!
Note: To create your account before completing your purchase visit the Login Page.
2.2. Manual Installation
The manual installation of this PDF plugin for WordPress is another option to connect the plugin to your WordPress environment. This method involves downloading our WordPress PDF Generator extension and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application.
Steps are as follows:
- Upload WordPress PDF Generator folder to the/wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
This section contains the settings you can change to make this PDF creator plugin work the way you want.
3.1.PDF Display Setting
Admin can change the display settings for the PDF.
Here admin can set different type of conditions for displaying the PDF, they are as follows:
- Front End: You can click this checkbox to make the download button visible for the users.
- Show to all guest users: This radio button allows all users to view the download button.
- Show to logged-in users: This radio button displays the download button only to the logged in users.
- Email option for guest in user: If admin clicks this checkbox, every guest user will be asked to provide his/her email address whenever he/she tries to download a PDF. The plugin will send the PDF to the guest user as an email attachment.
- Admin Panel: When checked, this setting displays the Exportpdf button in the Admin Panel. Admins can click on this button to export a specific post as a PDF file.
- Enable Shortcode: This setting enables the admin to add a shortcode to display the download button. Admin can add the shortcode in the content to display the download icon wherever they want. This changes the default location of the download button.
Once done, Admin can save the setting and proceed further.
3.2.PDF General Setting
You can use this setting to display different elements on the PDF on your WordPress site.
- Select Setting: Admin has to select the setting he created in the PDF Display Setting.
- Featured Image: Admin can use this checkbox to Enable/Disable the featured image that comes below the title in posts, product pages.
- Include Cache: When this setting is enabled, the PDF will be generated from the cache. Example: If the admin has enabled the Featured Image setting, the featured image will be displayed but if admin disables the Featured Image setting and checks the Include Cache checkbox and then saves the setting, even then the featured image will be displayed in the pages whenever admin exports the page. By default, the cache is not enabled.
- Schedule Cache Updation: You can use this drop-down list to select the updation frequency of your cache. You can select a Daily or Weekly frequency in this list.
- Default File Name: Admin gets two options here, Post ID and Post Name. Choosing Post ID will display the ID of the post like 1.pdf in the URL and downloaded file. Choosing Post Name will display the Name like hello-world.pdf in the URL and downloaded file.
- Display Author Details: This drop-down enables you to select the First Name, Last Name, or Nickname of an author. Whichever you select will be displayed on the post.
- Display Post Category List: Check this if you want to display the Category of the product or post in the PDF.
- Display Post Tag List: Check this if you want to display the tags assigned to the particular post.
- Display Post Date: If you want to display the Post Date in the PDF, enable this checkbox.
- Button Alignment: Use this dropdown menu to align the download button Right, Left, or Center.
- Button Placement: You can use this setting to place your download button above, below or both above and below the content.
- Select Button: This dropdown menu lets admins select the image for their download icon. By selecting the Custom option admin gets an Upload/Add Image button. Admin can click on this button to upload a custom image for their download icon.
You can use this setting to change the scaling and other things on the PDF.
- Post Template: This dropdown menu lets admins select from 3 templates to view the posts.
- Product Template: This dropdown menu lets admins select from 3 templates to view the product pages.
- Image Scaling Ratio: Use this setting to change the ratio of the images present on the PDF.
- Top Margin: Use this setting to change the margin of the content in the PDF from the top.
- Right Margin: Use this setting to change the margin of the content in the PDF from right.
- Page Size: Use this setting to select the page size of the PDF. By default the size is A4.
- Orientation: Choose the orientation of the page between Portrait and Landscape. Default is portrait.
- Unit Of Measurement: Select the desired unit of measurement from this dropdown menu. You can choose from Point, Millimeter, Centimeter, and Inch. Default is Millimeter.
- Content Font: Select the font of the content you want to be displayed in the PDF.
- Custom Title: You can add a custom title to change the default title of the post with this setting.
- RTL Support: RTL(Right to Left) support reverses the content’s direction. When enabled, the content starts from Right and goes towards Left. This works best with languages like Hebrew, Persian, Urdu.
Template : 1 Template : 2 Template : 3
Template : 1 Template : 2 Template : 3
You can use this section to customize the header of your PDF.
- Page Header: You can upload an image you want in your header with this setting. Click on the UPLOAD/ADD IMAGE button and choose an image from your computer, from a URL or Media Library and insert it into your header.
- Hide Site Name: You can click this checkbox to hide your website’s name in the header section.
- Hide Site Description: You can click this checkbox to hide your website’s description in the header section.
- Hide Site URL: You can click this checkbox to hide your website’s URL in the header section.
- Logo Image Factor: You can use this setting to change the scale of the image you uploaded in the header section. This changes both height and width of the image at the same time to provide image a surrounding space.
- Logo Top Margin: You can use this setting to set the margin of the header from top. By default the value is 2mm.
- Header Font: Select the font of the header from this dropdown.
- Header Font Size: Use this setting to change the size of the header’s font.
You can use this setting of this WordPress plugin to set a watermark for the PDF.
- Watermark Text: Click on this checkbox to enable text watermark in PDFs.
- Watermark Font: Select the font of Watermark from this dropdown.
- Rotation: You can change the degrees in this setting to rotate the watermark text.
- Watermark Text: Add the text in the textbox here you want to be displayed as a watermark.
- Image: Click this checkbox if you want to use an image as a watermark in your PDF.
- Image Height: Set the height of the watermark image here.
- Image Width: Set the width of the watermark image here.
- Image X Coordinate: Set the coordinates for the X-axis.
- Image Y Coordinate: Set the coordinates for the Y-axis.
- Image Transparency: Set the opacity for the watermark image here.
- Watermark Image: You can upload an image you want to use as a watermark here.
3.7.PDF Advance Settings
This section of this WP PDF generator plugin provides some advanced settings.
- Browse to select your fonts in .TTF format: You can use this option to upload a .TTF font file.
- Set Page Rotation: Use this dropdown list to rotate PDF 90,180, or 270 degrees.
- Set Font Stretching: Use this option to set the value to stretch your PDF font. This will stretch the font present in the body of the PDF. This won’t affect the header and footer’s font.
- Set Font Spacing: Use this setting to give space between the letters.
3.8.Custom Bullet Style
You can use this setting to change the styling your bullet icons displayed on the PDF on your wordpress site.
- Bullet Symbol: You can use this setting to upload an image to use it as a custom bullet.
- Custom Bullet Image Height: You can set the height of your custom bullet with this setting.
- Custom Bullet Image Width: You can set the width of your custom bullet with this setting.
3.9.PDF Post Meta Details
You can use this setting to create a PDF from the meta fields with this WordPress plugin.
Allowed Post Types: Select the type of post you want to export the PDFs for. With this PDF creator plugin, you get:
- Post Meta Details
- Page Meta Details
- Product Meta Details
PDFs will be generated for various meta fields like
- _price, and much more.
Just click on the checkbox of the meta field you want to display in the PDF. Enter the value of the meta field you want to be displayed in the textbox. Save the settings and proceed further.
3.10.PDF First Page Settings
In this section, you get 2 tabs that will help you to style your PDF’s cover page of your PDF.
- Enable Predefined Templates: If you enable this setting, whichever cover page template you’ll select will be displayed to the user when he downloads a PDF file. We provide 4 PDF templates you can choose from.
- Cover Template: You can select what PDF template you want to display to the users with this dropdown menu.
- Cover Page Image: You can change the default image of the predefined cover page templates by uploading an image with this setting.
- Company Name: You can add your brand name in this setting that’ll be displayed on the cover page template.
- Logo: Choose and upload the logo you want to display on the cover page with this setting.
- Company Tagline: If your brand has a tagline, you can add it with this setting.
- Custom Footer Text: Enable this setting if you want to add a custom footer text on the cover page template.
- Enable For Email: Enable this setting to add an email on the cover page. Add your email in the textbox you want to display on the cover page.
- Enable For Contact: Click this checkbox if you want to add your contact number on the cover page. Add your number in the textbox you want to display.
- Enable For Address: Enable if you want to show your address on the cover page. Add your address in the textbox.
- Enable Your Website URL: Enable if you want to add your website URL on the cover page. Enter your site URL in the textbox.
Cover Page Templates
Template : 1 Template : 2 Template : 3 Template : 4
- Enable For Custom Cover Page: If you don’t want to use the predefined templates and want your own custom image to be displayed on the cover page, you can enable this checkbox.
- Cover Page Image: Whichever image you want to display on the cover page, you can upload it from this setting.
Custom Cover Page Template